I mentioned yesterday that I had a few issues with my book on the Kindle. There was a lot of strange code in the .epub file that was making it look funny. I spent countless hours over the last couple of days trying to fix the issue and unfortunately those fixes removed 200 words from the book. I found out last night that all I have to do is convert the book to .mobi format to publish to the Kindle, which I did and it is now perfect.
I have learned so much from writing this book, it’s amazing how horrible my English was before. I mean, I never understood punctuation because I just let the spell check do all the work for me. Apparently the spell and grammar checker that I have been using is crap because it told me that I was right when I was clearly wrong. Unfortunately, that has made me question every blog post I have ever written.
As far as I am concerned, my book is finished, but I am going to go through it one last time to make 100% sure that it is before I publish it. I want to say that I will publish it on February 1st 2012, but I don’t want to promise it. I will write a post the day it is published though.
I want to go out to Hart Park and have Darrin take a picture of me for the About The Author page. I thought about doing a joke picture of me sitting in robe wearing an Ascot and smoking from a pipe in front of a green screen to add a picture of a library with a big fireplace behind me, but I don’t have any of those things. I think it would look more genuine if I had a real picture taken, and not in a studio where they would charge me $60 just for the digital copy for publication.
So that’s it, I can stop obsessing over formatting and get back to the real issue which is making sure it is ready to publish. Updates coming soon…